Saturday, July 26, 2008

Firetrucks and Birthday Cake

Today was a nice day. Two of my sister Suzanne's kids, Timmy and Christina, have birthdays that are two weeks apart, so they always combine the two into a summer party. They do it up nice for the kids and all the cousins. This year my brother in law managed to get a fire truck parked in his driveway. The kids had a blast on it, climbing around on it, blowing the siren (man that sucker is LOUD!), and honking the horn. The truck was full of water, so my brother Dennis and brother in law Keith manned the hoses, while some of the kids climbed on top of it and worked the water spout. The kids all had fun with the "water war" and everyone and everything was soaked! They had a great time at the party. Not sure about G, but I know I feel a little tinge of loneliness at kid events lately. I can't wait for our little one to be here to join in the reindeer games. Arrh this takes soooo long! Well at least our adoption coordinator Lane from the IAC is back from vacation. He's going to look over our website next week and let us know what he thinks. We've had it up a while and I keep tweaking it because I wanted it to be perfect before sending it out to him. With any luck this damn home study from our Arizona adoption agency will get approved soon and we can finally get in the book. My birthday is coming up in two weeks and I can't think of a better gift then that!

Sadly, there were no actual firemen at the party...sigh.

2 comments:

Rik Miller said...

Keep your eyes on whats to come bobby..

Jen and Kara said...

Hey,
My partner and I are waiting adoptive parents from IAC too. I found your blog through the forum! It is fabulous and I laugh like crazy when I read it. You should totally be a stand up comedian instead of whatever it is you do... Well, I just thought I would let you know that I hope things start moving along for you two AND I'm adding your blog to my favorites (so when I get down about adoption...I know where to go for a good laugh!)
Kara (and Jen)