Saturday, December 6, 2008

Ripley & Chase vs. Old St. Nick


During Christmas, the tradition is to bring your kid (or your two year old Labradors) to see Santa. That's what we did today. Of course, you don't usually take your kid to the park to chase tennis balls for half an hour first to calm them down. (Or do you? Well whatever works...) I asked the Boys to sit next to the chair. Santa asked me if I wouldn't rather have them sit on his lap. Together that's roughly 210 pounds of excited to be here Labs, so I asked him if he was sure he wanted to do that. The reply? "I'm Santa, I can do anything". Well can't argue with that.

I'm not sure they're gonna get what they asked for, a swimming pool and a basket of kittens. Santa told them he could tell they've been good but then again he's a really old man. The Boys agreed with Santa, but left out the part that in the last five minutes Ripley's tail cleared 3 feet of product from the dog biscuit shelf and Chase relieved a woman of a bag of rawhide bones she was planning to buy, but on the other hand, have you ever seen dogs who can smile for the camera like that?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Lovely picture!!!! I corrected my clerical error. :0)

2momswithaplan said...

Those are great smiles!!! Our puppy would have knocked Santa over! He's a good boy but a little too excited.

john said...

thanks bobby for following my blog, i thought i was the only one..lol. Your dogs are cutee patottees.....hope they have a great christmas.

welcome2ourworld said...

The pictures is so cute :)