Monday, March 30, 2009

T Minus 1

Argh, one day left till the due date! We heard from Lucy tonight, and she says she is feeling some pain and thinks she's getting close. Now of course if she were me, she'd have an efficient German birth that is right on schedule with a minimum of pushing. But let's check on you guys to see who's still in the pool. Remember, it's person coming closest without going over, just like Price is Right. The only playas left are:
  • Louie, current leader, March 30 11:25 AM
  • Kathryn, April 1, 12:03 AM
  • Michael, April 3, 2:42 AM

Really, where do you people get your times from? The rest of you all guessed early and are out. (I'm impatient and would have preferred one of the early guesses win!)

This is for those of you who haven't gotten to this stage yet. Let me say right out I didn't expect the waiting to be this hard. Hell we were thinking last weekend would be Finster's big moment. There is a constant knot in our stomachs and we are finding it hard to concentrate. Each day is like torture! We are so glad our relationship with Lucy is so good and our worries about the adoption going smoothly are minimal. I'll be so glad when this is OVAH!

I know I know nursery pics. You need something to look forward to right?

2 comments:

2momswithaplan said...

One day! I must have missed the post about guessing the due date. And so I'll jump in and say tomorrow at 1:22pm your daughter will be born!

Michael said...

I am telling you guys, you have a few days. According to my count, T minus 3.

When was Lucy's last exam? Do you know if she is beginning to dilate?
We are really excited for you. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about the excitement this new change will bring, the love you will have for your daughter, and the turmoil you will experience in your life as you adjust to HER life.

The only thing I can say is...get your rest NOW!!!