Tuesday, May 13, 2008

White Glove Time

Our first home study visit is scheduled for this coming Friday. Our social worker, Windsor, will be out to the house to meet with Gregg. She'll schedule a second visit to talk with me. So this week is cleaning week. We're not sure how specific she'll be on childproofing the house, but we've been told right now she's mostly checking to make sure we have room enough for a baby and that we're not hoarding cats or anything like that. The only thing I'm worried about is the backyard koi pond as there is no fence around it. But I'm not going to let that get in the way, if they have an issue with it we'll just fill it in. I'm more worried about that collection of kitchen knives, rusty nails, and lollipops we keep on top of that rickety ladder at the top of the stairs. I wonder if we'll have to move it before the baby turns three...

1 comment:

Anton said...

Good luck! Let me know how it goes. I'm curious if they say anything about having large breed dogs.