Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Gala 2011

Well I guess it is true--blogs don't write themselves...

Today was the much anticipated Winter Gala at daycare, with performances by the Ones, Twos, Threes, Fours, and Fives.  Sabrina made her theatrical debut as a member of the Ones with a resounding rendition of "If You're Happy and You Know It".  Now admittedly the production was less Andrew Lloyd Webber and more Toddlers on the Loose, but daycare's theatre budget is probably a little below Broadway standards.  But those little kids put their hearts into it, when they were paying attention.  They really made me believe they were happy, and they knew it.  And since clapping hands is a skill Sabrina mastered over a year ago, it's a role she was born to play.  I have to say, I was hoping for something a little more along the lines of the "When you're a Jet" dance scene from West Side Story or at least a snippet of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat, but maybe that was a little above the level of the other children.  But hey, even Beyonce had to be a toddler once right?

Sabrina in full costume

6 comments:

Crista said...

If you ever put together a toddler version of "When you're a Jet," I will book a flight. I bet Sabrina would own it! And thank you for the good wishes on our going live. : )

BloggerFather said...

I'm always amazed when I see people complain about being dragged to see their kids do the song and dance thing. I can't wait, personally.

Mandy said...

I personaly LOVE the way you write on your blog and I love to see and hear how much you love your daughter. As a BirthMother I was looking for blogs by birth mothers and happend to stumble across yours. If I had it to do all over again I would have picked parents like the two of you. You both seem amazing and to cherish you B. M. Im happy that you are a fuller family and I hope you dont mind ig I continue to follow your journey.

Kristin said...

Could it be? Is Miss S actually getting EVEN cuter????

(What a lovely compliment by Andie.)

Lucy said...

How fun!!!! I'm sure she was the star of the show!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that picture!! She's is simply, adorable!

Since Holly is a preschool teacher I get to witness many preschool original productions and I love them. I can't wait for it to be our children up there. :)

I'm happy to hear that Sabrina's debut was a success!