Monday, December 21, 2009

Holly Jolly Update

Well things have been busy, with getting ready for Christmas and all.  We're just starting to see the full brunt of our adoption debt, so it's kind of a tight one but we don't really care.  I'm off from work this week so that means no day care for Sabrina either.  Seems when you're out a whole week you only need to pay them $109 to not show up.  How fantastically festive of them.

We've been trying some more finger foods.  She loves her Baby Mum Mums crackers.  They are a rice rusk cracker that basically disolves in her mouth.  We found some Cheerio type things made of the same stuff.  I guess maybe we're going a little slower then most on this but that's my fault.  I'm so paranoid about choking.  She likes cheese too; we give her small pieces and she eats it right up.  All these new foods have apparently fueled her up because this week she started crawling.  If the last few days are any indication, we better batten down the hatches.  She started by sort of pulling herself along with her hands and dragging her feet behind her.  Now she sort of pulls herself up on her knees in the classic crawl.  I'm not sure how long that will last; I think she'll be standing and walking soon.  She's been pulling herself up to a stand for about three weeks now; I've caught her on her two hands and two feet trying to figure out what to do next more then once.  Her favorite targets so far?  Ripley's feet (he looks at her with a look of annoyance, gets up and moves two feet over.  She crawls over, they repeat this across the room), Chase's nose (he licks her face, she bites his nose--they're both gross), the trash can, and a dining room chair.  Nothing double sided tape won't fix.

Also this week I got my H1N1 shot at work.  I was going to bring Sabrina but they were only doing 3 years and older.  Gregg is mostly opposed to it; I'm for it.  What do you guys think?

6 comments:

Jill said...

I swear, your posts CRACK ME UP! Your style of witing is awesome.

As for H1N1....that is tough. I was dead against it, but relented when things got pretty bad here in Columbus, and Lucy's ped offerred it at a sick visit. Within a week, I actually got H1N1 and was in the hosp. Lucy never got it. Nor did my husband, (no vac, NOTHING!) but I think Vivi did, because she had three rounds of antibiotics before she was back to herself.
What are your usual thoughts on vaccines? If you are usually timid (I am!)than I would be more careful. If not, go for it! Just my 2 cents!
Good luck!!
Meery Christmas!

2momswithaplan said...

I just wanted to stop by to wish you guys and beautiful sabrina a Merry Christmas! :)

No recommendations on the H1N1 shot... Personally I don't see anything wrong with it. You haven't heard of anyone dying from the shot but you have heard of people dying from the virus...

Leah said...

Man - Daycare. . . what a rip off! I also got the H1N1 shot, and I personally think it's safe for the kiddos.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

Kathryn said...

Hmm, the H1N1... I think you have to weigh your risk with it. I work on a teen inpatient unit, so they bring germs like crazy! We probably see ten new kids a week and they rotate in and out plus all the family they bring with them... and other providers... So, that being said, I got the shot. haven't thought twice about it since.
Heather, on the other hand, didn't get the shot because it wasn't available even though her boss really, really wanted her to get it so the baby wouldn't have a chance at it.... and now... I don't think we'll get it for her.... it seems to be winding down anyway, so I think we'll just keep our fingers crossed for her. If she wasn't currently pregnant we probably would have her get it... but I don't like the idea of a vaccination in the first trimester, just doesn't sit right. So, she's staying away from likely flu places and making good choices to try to avoid it. Best we can do and feel comfortable!

Tim and Louie said...

I'm against the flu vaccine. There are alternate, safer, methods to avoid getting the flu, of any variety.

Here's a great site to check out:
http://swineflu.mercola.com/sites/swineflu/home.aspx

Jason, as himself said...

Adoption debt. I hear you.