Thursday, September 17, 2009

In the Echo Chamber

Well the new issue of the Echo is out today, the local Phoenix gay magazine .  It's the one with the article about adoption we were interviewed for.  OK I was interviewed for.  Our conversation went something like this:

B is upstairs changing the baby.  G is downstairs cooking dinner.  The phone rings.  The house's built in intercom system we paid extra for is forgotten in exchange for yelling (what Gregg calls the NY intercom).
B:  Hey Gregg remember I told you I set up the adoption interview with the Echo?  Kathy's on the phone you want to come up?
G:  I'm cooking dinner...
B:  What?
G:  I'm cooking dinner!
B:  Oh well do you care if I do it by myself?
G:  Will you do it anyway?
B:  Probably.  I mean yes.
G:  Have a good time...

Kathy and I spoke for about 15 minutes.  She found us via the blogosphere when a fellow blogger put us in touch with her.  The article showcases three couples and how they went about creating their families.  After it was over I went downstairs to tell Gregg about it.

B:  Well I'm done I told her our story.
G:  Cool
B:  So, um, I wanted to ask you if it was OK if I gave her permission to use our full names?
G:  You already told her to.
B:  No I...yeah I did.  Is it OK?
G:  It's OK.

He's wonderful.  How does he put up with me?  *Grin*.

So check it out here.


7 comments:

feefifoto said...

What a lovely story.

I'm a single parent by choice. When I was having trouble getting pregnant through AI, I began investigating local fertility clinics and found that some of them refused to work with me. The representative from a Catholic hospital told me they would have accepted me if I were single and in a committed relationship (I didn't ask if they required a straight relationship; would have been an interesting question), but that they wouldn't deal with a single woman with no significant other.

Luckily for me and my two kids, the Jewish hospital had no problem with single moms.

Tim and Louie said...

Nice story!

Good job, Bobby!

OMG!!! Sabrina is getting cuter and cuter every single day!!!!!

- Louie and Tim

Michelle said...

Because he loves you...that is why I put up with Nick. *grinning back at you*

Michelle said...

P.S I saw Adoption Diaries last night. I was wonderful. It brought back so many feelings of Kaylas birth. I cried watching it. It was JUST EXACTLY what I needed at the moment too. It was 1 AM and Kayla had been crying last night from 11 pm to 1 am and I finally got her out of her crib and went into the living room with her so she could fall asleep on my lap...and I was watching it. After hearing her cry for long and me being frustrated and tired...it was what I needed.

Thank God she is a happpy girl today...after that long night.

Darn teeth.

mommy3 said...

The article is great about you guys and your darling daughter. I hadn't read "Legacy to an Adopted Child" in a long time and love how it is used with this article. . . how our children change our lives so wonderfully. . .

jaysinwantsu03 said...

Great interview... Miss Sabrina is getting so big already. And I just Love that Smile... She's so Beautiful..

MJ and Bella's Dad said...

Reading your interaction is virtually the same way it would go in our home. Except, I would get the "guilt trip" prior to final acceptance and approval. :-)